BOSTON -- Kristie Zator scored 16 points Saturday to lead the MCLA women's basketball team to a 41-40 win over Wentworth.
Zator's lay-up with 3 minutes, 40 seconds to play gave the Trailblazers a 41-36 lead, and MCLA's defense held off Wentworth's comeback bid down the stretch.
Zator led the defense with five steals.
Hailey Peabody scored 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
MCLA (2-8) hosts St. Joseph of Connecticut on Monday.
PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. -- SUNY Plattsburgh held off a comeback bid by MCLA to secure a 68-66 win.
The Cardinals took a 68-59 lead with 3:07 remaining.
The Trailblazers battled back and got within two points on a pair of Dylan Morris-Gray free throws with 1:24 left but could not score again.
An MCLA 3-pointer at the buzzer was off the mark.
Morris-Gray finished with 11 points. Taconic graduate Quentin Gittens led MCLA with 16.
The Trailblazers (5-5) finish the 2023 portion of their schedule on Monday at Anna Maria.
SALEM, Mass. -- Becky Ade scored a short-handed goal midway through the third period to give MCLA a 1-0 win over Lebanon Valley in the consolation game of the Viking Cup tournament.
Juliette Barney made 45 saves to earn the shutout win in goal.
MCLA (3-10) is off until Jan. 12 when it visits Hilbert.
- New Opinion: Time to Tweak High School Sports Tournament Format
- McCann Passes $12.1M Budget for Fiscal 2025
- Update: North Adams Liquor Store to Refund Gift Cards after Closure
- Clarksburg Select Board OKs Municipal Proposals, Paint Stewardship Bill
- Clarksburg to Consider Community Preservation Act
- Weekend Outlook: Festivals, Cardboard Box Races, and More