By: Andy McKeever On: 02:09PM / Friday March 25, 2011
SAVOY, Mass. — Firefighters snuffed out Friday what could have been a dangerous fire.
"It could have been [bad] if we didn't get here in time," Savoy Fire Chief Lawrence Ordyna said. "It appeared that it had gotten into the walls and once that determination is make, we call a first-alarm fire."
The chimney fire was quickly snuffed out with fire Departments from Adams, Cheshire, Florida, Windsor, Hinsdale and Plainfield all responded to Main Road home at about noon. The home suffered minimal damage and there were no injuries, Ordyna said.