|Pittsfield YMCA, Youth Swim Lessons|
Dates: • 10/10 through 11/04 at 8:00 am until 8:00 pm
Location: 292 North St, Pittsfield, MA
Address: 292 North St, Pittsfield, MA
The Pittsfield Family YMCA announces open registrations for its youth swim lessons in Central Berkshire County’s largest indoor swimming pool. Lessons are for all boys and girls 6 months to 12 years old. Sessions run for 7 weeks with half-hour lessons weekly. Classes meet Nov. 4-Dec. 12, 2014.
Swim categories are based on age and ability:
1. Our Parent/Child Level (children 6 months to 3 years old) allows a child to grow comfortable in the water with a parent.
2. Our Pike Level (children 3-5 years old) is for beginner swimmers who need a floatation device. A swim bubble is required.
3. Our Eel Level (children 3-5 years old) is for children who are comfortable in the water and need little to no assistance with floatation.
4. Our Polliwog Level (children ages 6-12 years old) is for beginner swimmers who need a floatation device. A swim bubble is required.
5. Our Guppy Level (children ages 6-12 years old) is for children who are comfortable in the water, need little to no assistance with floatation. To participate in this level, children need to be able to demonstrate alternating arm action.
6. Our Minnow Level (children 6-12 years old) is for children who can swim a half lap confidently and are able to float without assistance. Children will learn stroke development and increasing endurance in this level.
7. Our Fish/Flying Fish Level (children 6-12 years old) is for children who want to learn how to refine performance with rhythmic breathing. Strokes, turns and diving levels will be taught. Children must already know how to swim a full lap confidently.
Classes meet Tuesday afternoons or Saturday mornings from Nov. 4-Dec. 12, 2014. Times are below.
Parent/Child (6 mos. to 3 yrs.): Sat., 8:30-9 a.m.
Pike* (3-5 years old): Tues., 4:15-4:45 p.m. OR Sat., 9-9:30 a.m.
Eel (3-5 years old): Tues., 4:45-5:15 p.m. OR Sat., 9:30-10 a.m.
Polliwogs* (6-12 year-old beginners): Tues., 5:15-5:45 p.m. OR Sat., 10-10:30 a.m.
Guppy (6-12 years old): Tues., 5:45-6:15 p.m. OR Sat., 10:30-11 a.m.
Minnow (6-12 years old): Sat., 11-11:30 a.m.
Fish/Flying Fish (6-12 yrs. old): Sat., 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
To register, visit the Y or go to www.pittsfieldfamilyymca.org. Swim lessons cost $50. All participants must also be Y members. An annual youth membership is $36. Swim bubbles can be purchased at the Y for $10, plus tax. All swim lessons take place at the Y’s indoor swimming pool. Parents are asked to watch from the pool balcony.
For more information, contact aquatics at 413-499-7650 x27 or at email@example.com.