It marked the first home game since the 2019 season for the SteepleCats, who saw their entire 2020 season wiped out by the COVID-19 pandemic.
North Shore jumped out to a 4-1 lead in the top of the third at Joe Wolfe Field.
Aidan Wilde hit a two run double in the bottom of the fourth to get North Adams within a run.
In the eighth, Jon Kozarian reached on a walk and moved up on a wild pitch ahead of Shilling's single.
Jeremy Lea went 3-for-5, and Charles Middleton and Shilling each had a pair of hits.
The SteepleCats used three pitchers in the contest, which ended in a tie score after 11 innings. Jordan Yoder and Landon Wileman each went four innings with no runs allowed.
North Adams (0-1-1) goes to Vermont on Sunday.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- New Pittsfield's Nda Wins 100; County Squads Sweep D2 Mile Relays
- NBCC Honors NBEOC Team, Remembers Joe Manning
- Juneteenth Celebrated as State, National Holiday
- North Adams Vaccine Clinic Concludes After 25,000 Doses
- North Adams Increasing Waste Disposal Prices
- Tourists Resort's Plans for Former Mass Ave Church Approved