image description
Campers ages 3 to 12 were able to interact with first responders and their equipment.
image description
image description
image description
image description
image description
image description
image description

Clarksburg Summer Campers Meet Community Heroes, Explore Heavy Equipment

Maya Giron iBerkshires Correspondent
Print Story | Email Story
CLARKSBURG, Mass. — On Tuesday, July 13 The Clarksburg Elementary School Summer Camp hosted a Community Heroes Night.
 
Campers ages 3 to 12 were able to interact with first responders and their equipment.
 
North Adams Police and Ambulance joined the Clarksburg Police Department and Fire Department. The Florida Fire Department was also present. 
 
First responders gave interactive demonstrations on safety protocols, equipment, and the importance of first responders in the community.
 
There was more action on Wednesday, July 14. Jay Petri of Petri contracting and members of the Clarksburg Highway Department brought construction vehicles to the school so the summer camp students could experience a different variety of vehicles.
 
Campers were able to climb into vehicles, honk their horns, watch demonstrations, and some were even able to take a short ride.
 
View more pictures here.
 

Tags: construction,   first responders,   

0 Comments
iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to info@iberkshires.com.

Clarksburg House Damaged by Electrical Fire

By Tammy DanielsiBerkshires Staff

Firefighters open a hole in the porch roof to check for fire.
CLARKSBURG, Mass. — An early Sunday morning electrical fire on Walker Street was quickly doused by firefighters.
 
Fire Chief Carlyle "Chip" Chesbro said the fire started in the kitchen of the small single-family home at 512 Walker St. 
 
Smoke alarms alerted the family and they were able to get out and call 911 about 4 a.m.
 
"The fire started in the kitchen outlet, behind the refrigerator," Chesbro said. "As soon as we got here, we were able to knock it down rather quickly. We had North Adams Fire go into the attic and the second floor to check for extension but none was found."
View Full Story

More Clarksburg Stories