DALTON, Mass. -- The Dalton CRA Invitational Softball Tournament beat the rain, and three travel squads beat their opponents to claim tourney titles on Sunday at Pine Grove Park.
In the 10-and-under division, the Greylock Thunder defeated host Dalton in the final after Dalton won a semi-final against Adams-Cheshire-Savoy on Sunday morning.
In the 14U Division, the Berkshire Force topped the ACS Swat to claim the crown.
In the 16Us, a pair of squads from New York's Capital District squared off in the title game, and the Outlaws defeated the Guilderland Bulldogs to claim the hardware.
The 12U division title was decided on Saturday when the ACS Swat swept the first two games of a best-of-three series against the Thunder.
"The tournament was a great success with lots of good softball games," organizer Dustin Belcher said. "The volunteers that helped work on the fields were amazing!"
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- Berkshire Money Management Donates $10K to Suicide Prevention Group
- Dalton BOH Encourages Indoor Masking, Universal Vaccination
- 'Dangerous' Dalton Bridge Not Chosen for Federal Infrastructure Bill
- Taconic's Sixth-Inning Rally Secures Second Straight State Crown
- Taconic's Pitching Depth Keys Fourth Straight Sectional Title
- Mount Greylock Girls Claim Western Mass Tennis Title