PITTSFIELD, Mass. — On Sunday, Sept. 17, just after 3:00pm, patrol officers with the Pittsfield Police Department (PPD) responded to 65 Columbus Avenue for a reported assault involving a firearm.
According to a police report, investigating officers spoke with the victim who reported that he had been threatened by a man with a handgun. As a result of the ensuing investigation, officers arrested 59 year old Pittsfield resident Michael Barnes and charged him with one count of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon, to wit Handgun. Officers recovered a loaded Walther .380 handgun.
Later that same evening just after 5:00pm, PPD patrol officers were dispatched to Cumberland Farms located at 154 First Street for a disturbance.
A caller had reported that a man had just made a threat regarding a firearm. As a result of the ensuing investigation by officers on scene, 19 year old Pittsfield resident Tristan Kalinowski-Barnett was arrested and charged with various firearm related offenses. A loaded Hi-Point 9mm handgun was located by officers.
- New Thistle & Mirth Turns to Patrons for Help With Pizza Rebranding
- Haddad Subaru Boosts Pittsfield Fire's BFit Challenge Team
- MassHire Career Center Filling Jobs & Building Connections
- Pittsfield Lights Permanent, Young Christmas Tree
- Pittsfield Receives $20M For Bel Air Dam Removal
- Weekend Outlook: Stockbridge Main Street, Tree Lightings, and More