Red Tee Tournament Brings Together Women in Support of Girls and Women

Print Story | Email Story
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — As the world celebrates International Women's Day and Women's History Month, the Red Tee Tournament Committee celebrates the announcement of the third annual all women's golf event.
 
"This is not your father's or grandfather's golf tournament. It's a great day to focus on women and all that these nonprofits do to help women and girls in our community," said Jen Glockner, chair of the Red Tee Committee.
 
Sponsored by Berkshire Money Management, the tournament will be held on Monday, June 2 at Berkshire Hills Country Club in Pittsfield. Proceeds from the tournament will be divided between Berkshire United Way and Berkshire Medical Center Breast Imaging Services.
 
"I'm proud that we stand United with the Red Tee Committee in our shared commitment to support the empowerment, development, and well-being of girls and women in Berkshire County," said Berkshire United Way President and CEO Tom Bernard.
 
"Berkshire Medical Center's Breast Imaging Program is and has been an essential resource for the community in our efforts to reduce breast cancer deaths and improve survivorship through early detection," said Caitlin Lopez, MD, BMC Radiology Department Chair. "On behalf of the many thousands of patients we serve in the Berkshires and surrounding region, I want to express our greatest appreciation to the Red Tee Tournament organizers and participants for their support of the BMC Breast Imaging Program."
 
The tournament features 27 teams playing in a scramble format with a 9 a.m. shotgun start, followed by a networking event 3-5 p.m. with DJ BFG, dinner, cash bar and raffles. The registration fee is $150 per player and includes the post-golf event. Tickets for the networking event are $40 and will be sold separately.
 
Tournament information and sponsorship opportunities are available at www.berkshireunitedway.org/red-tee. Follow along on Instagram using #redteetournament.
 
If you would like to contribute information on this article, contact us at info@iberkshires.com.

Suspect Arraigned in 'Horrific' Dragging Case

By Brittany PolitoiBerkshires Staff

Complete write-thru 3 p.m., Feb. 18.


District Attorney TimothyShugrue says the community has been 'really upset' by this case. 
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A Hancock man has been charged in last week's gruesome dragging that killed 69-year-old William Colbert. 
 
William Gross, 65, was arraigned in Central Berkshire District Court on Wednesday for negligent motor vehicle homicide and leaving the scene. He was arrested Monday after police investigators narrowed down the type of car seen on video at the accident scene. 
 
Police say Colbert had fallen in the road at the Francis Avenue and Linden Street intersection on Feb. 10 before he was struck and dragged nearly four miles. His body was found on West Housatonic Street.
 
Gross is being held on $250,000 cash bail in the Berkshire County House of Corrections. District Attorney Timothy Shugrue said the case will go to a grand jury and foresees additional charges being placed. 
 
"I think this community was really upset by this case," Shugrue said while being interviewed by the press after the morning arraignment.  
 
"It's a horrific case, and the fact that someone was fleeing, and there was someone that was stuck there that could have been treated, and potentially in the initial stages, could have been potentially saved." 
 
Colbert was coming from a house on Francis Avenue about 11:30 on Feb. 10 when fell in the road and had trouble getting up, according to Shugrue. 
 
View Full Story

More Pittsfield Stories