Nominations Accepted For Young Careerist CompetitionPITTSFIELD, Mass. — Berkshire Business and Professional Women is seeking seven nominations for the 2012 Young Careerist Competition.
The speak-off will take place on Monday, Feb. 6 at Mazzeo's Ristorante at 5:30 p.m. Each year, Berkshire BPW honors working women between the ages of 21–35 for their personal and professional achievements.
The co-chairs for the event are Barbara Martin and Heidi Higgins. The criteria requested by nominees are as follows:
(1) To be between the ages of 21-35.
(2) Be or have been employed in a business of their profession with at least one year of full time work experience.
(3) Be living and/or working in Berkshire County.
(4) Be active in civic and/or volunteer organizations in the Berkshire County area.
Participants are asked to commit to the following:
(1) Complete an application.
(2) Speak on a topic related to working women.
(3) Be interviewed by a panel of judges answering questions related to the national BPW Legislative issues.
The winner will receive one-year complimentary membership to BBPW and will be expected to serve on the Young Careerist Committee. Please contact Barbara Martin at 413-854-7570 or Heidi Higgins at 413-445-3550 to nominate a young careerist. You may print an application from the BBPW website: berkshirebpw.org. Nominations will be accepted until Jan. 9.