PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- Williams College juniors Sam Goldenring and Will Kannegieser each missed the cut to go to match play at this week's U.S. Amateur Championship.
Goldenring came closer at 7-over-par after two rounds of stroke play on Pebble Beach Golf Links and Spyglass Hill Golf Resort.
He went 5-over on the second day of the competition on Tuesday.
Will Kannegieser finished at 20-over after two days of play.
The top 64 players advanced to the match play competition that started on Wednesday.
Eighteen players tied for 46th place at plus-3. A group of 24 played off for the final spot in the 64-player field.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- CET Offers Webinar on Weatherization for Small Businesses
- Williams College Lays Out Construction Safety Plan
- County's Colleges Train Workers for Post-Pandemic Economy
- Williamstown Planning Board Candidates Meet in League of Women Voters Forum
- No Public Display, But Williamstown Legion to Honor the Fallen
- Mount Greylock School District Narrows School Choice Spots for 2020-21