NORTH ADAMS, Mass. -- Tre Kirklin went 4-for-4, and Nicholas Payero threw seven scoreless innings to lead the North Adams SteepleCats to a 9-2 win over Danbury in New England Collegiate Baseball League action at Joe Wolfe Field on Sunday.
Kirklin drove in a pair of runs, and Matt Koperniak and Shane Muntz each had a double in a 13-hit North Adams attack.
Payero struck out five and allowed just two hits in seven strong innings, lowering his earned run average to 1.29 this summer.
The SteepleCats (17-10) travel to face Mystic on Monday night, the first of four road games this week, before coming home to face Newport in a rare matinee on Saturday afternoon.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- New Hundreds Gather in North Adams to Protest Police Violence
- Trail Conservancy Cautions Pandemic Care When Hiking
- North County High Schools Make Graduation Plans
- Crane Stationery Leaving North Adams for New York
- North Adams Board of Health Authorizes Police as Health Agents
- North Adams Cancels All Summer Events for 2020