NORTH ADAMS, Mass. -- Brayden Gutzmer had four hits, including a double and a triple, to help lead the Pittsfield Thunder 14-year-old travel baseball team to a double-header sweep of the Berkshire Americans on Sunday at Joe Wolfe field.
In the opener, Gutzmer had two extra-base hits, and Antonio Scalise tripled and scored twice. Nick Brindle had two hits and a walk in an 11-0 win.
Charlie Wendell struck out five in four innings of work to get the win on the mound.
Austin Buda doubled for the Americans.
In Game 2, Alex Williams doubled, and eight different Pittsfield players had a hit in a 6-2 win.
Ben Cornish and Gutzmer split time on the mound; Cornish struck out four to earn the win.
Collin Booth and Brady Vallieres each had a pair of hits for the Americans. Booth also gave up one earned run in four innings of work on the mound.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- New Pittsfield Seeks Input For Draft Bicycle Facilities Master Plan
- Pittsfield Housing Authority Welcomes New Executive Director
- Mount Greylock Tapping Reserves to Cover High Cost of COVID-19 Expenses
- PARB Awaiting State Guidance To Inform Use Of Force Policy Changes
- Pittsfield ZBA Takes No Action On Cell Tower Petition
- Pittsfield School Officials Affirm Decision on Braves' Replacement