WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- In the first game at Bobby Coombs Field in almost two years, the Williams College baseball team defeated Hamilton College, 11-10, on Sunday completing a three-game sweep of their NESCAC rivals over the weekend to start the season.
Senior left fielder Erik Mini hit for the cycle with two home runs to power Williams. He finished 5-for-5 with seven RBIs. Head coach Bill Barrale said the last time a Williams player hit for the cycle was 2008.
Williams (3-0) hosts Middlebury College for a doubleheader on Saturday.
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- Wesleyan took advantage of two defaults to earn a 6-4 win in Williams' first action in more than a year.
Jenny Tian teamed with Zoe Bennett to win, 8-4, at first doubles. Then Tian won, 6-4, 7-5, at second singles.
CLINTON, N.Y. -- Gabi Cirigliano went 3-for-5 with a homer, a pair of doubles and three RBIs to lead Williams to a 13-10 win over Hamilton and a three-game weekend sweep of the Continentals.
Kristin Mapes struck out three and allowed five earned runs in seven innings of work in the circle.
Williams goes to Middlebury for a double-header on Saturday.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Hasty Wants Williamstown to Do the 'Hard Right'
- Cummings Opposes Those 'Trying to Tear Apart' Williamstown
- Williamstown Zoning Board Contemplates Cost of Denying Cell Tower Permit
- Williamstown's Net Zero Effort to Be Subject of Panel Discussion
- Williamstown Planning Board Sends Cannabis Bylaw to Town Meeting
- Mount Greylock District Builds Diversity Training Days Into 2021-22...