Floor Sander Causes Small Fire at Lenox Inn
LENOX, Mass. — A floor sander caused a small fire at a Lenox inn on Friday.
The Fire Department responded to the Rookwood Inn at 11 Old Stockbridge Road at about 1:30 p.m. after observing smoke coming out of two second-floor windows. Upon arrival, firefighters found an piece of equipment on fire on the ground below the windows.
Because the fire station neighbors the inn, they were able to get on the scene in just a couple of minutes.
"Upon arrival, we had smoke coming out of the top two windows and a piece of equipment laid out right in front of us, there was a piece of equipment on fire down on the ground," Fire Chief Chris O'Brien said.
"They were up there sanding the floors on the second floor of the structure, the floor sander caught on fire, which caught the floor on fire and baseboard and a wall underneath that window."
Two engines and a ladder responded and were able to extinguish the blaze within 10 minutes. There were no injuries.
iBerkshires arrived on the scene around 1:50 p.m. and, at the time, firefighters were checking the building for carbon monoxide.