Pittsfield Brothers Found Guilty in Murder of Jaden Salois

Print Story | Email Story
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — The Berkshire District Attorney's Office obtained guilty convictions this week for two individuals who murdered 18-year-old Jaden Salois.
 
On Thursday, after more than two weeks of trial, a Berkshire Superior Court jury found brothers Chiry Omar Pascual-Polanco, 26, and Carlos Pascual-Polanco, 22, both of Pittsfield, guilty of murder in the first degree, two counts of possession of a firearm without an FID, two counts of possession of ammunition without an FID, and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
 
Judge Douglas Wilkins will schedule sentencing for a later date. First-degree murder convictions carry a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
 
The brothers operated a marijuana distribution operation through a fake social media account and used that to lure Salois, of Dalton, from an Edward Avenue home in Pittsfield and shot him in the back at approximately 2 a.m. on Jan. 20, 2019. The brothers then planned methods to avoid prosecution, which investigators uncovered.
 
Police arrested the brothers on April 5, 2019. The commonwealth called more than 30 witnesses during the two-week trial and proved that the pair acted premeditatedly in orchestrating the murder.
 
"I send my condolences to Jaden's loved ones. While nothing will bring him back, I am grateful that there is a measure of accountability for his cruel and senseless murder. This was the first homicide of my administration, and I am proud of the investigators and the trial team for their compelling presentation of the evidence that ultimately led to these convictions," said District Attorney Andrea Harrington. "Gun violence has no place in our community.”
 
A third co-defendant, Dasean Smith, 24 of Pittsfield, is also charged with murder and will be tried separately. 

Tags: murder,   

If you would like to contribute information on this article, contact us at info@iberkshires.com.

Bousquet Sport Upgrades to All-Liquor License

By Brittany PolitoiBerkshires Staff

PITTSFIELD, Mass. — Bousquet Sport has upgraded its beverage license so guests can enjoy a cocktail while watching a tennis or pickleball match. 

On Monday, the Licensing Board approved a change of category and an alteration of premises for the facility at 100 Dan Fox Drive.

Attorney Jesse Cook-Dubin explained that Bousquet Sport wants to convert to an all-alcohol license under the new state law, "which we're very appreciative exists." 

"Not likely for the purpose of having a full bar, but really just ready to drink cocktails as an additional option," he explained. 

A state law passed last year allows restaurants and bars with existing wine and malt beverage licenses to convert their licenses to all-alcohol licenses. 

Throughout the 2020s, Milltown Capital has acquired and renovated Bousquet and the former Berkshire West into Bousquet Sport. In 2023, the City Council approved a tax increment financing agreement for the project that will relieve about $215,000 in real estate taxes. 

There is a small bar area between the tennis and pickleball courts where people gather after playing a match, but Dubin said it is not a night spot. Right now, they have to prohibit people from leaving the building with a drink. 

"They would like to expand into the outdoor areas," he said. 

View Full Story

More Pittsfield Stories