Indiana Man Is 2025 Auto Dealer of the Year

Print Story | Email Story
NEW ORLEANS — Raymond Farabaugh, president of D-Patrick Inc. in Evansville, Ind., was named as the 2025 Time Dealer of the Year at the 108th National Automobile Dealers Association Show. 
 
George Haddad of Haddad Toyota in Pittsfield, Mass., had also been one of the five finalists in addition to Farabaugh, Sean P. Baxter of Kayser Ford Inc. in Madison, Wis.; Con Paulos of Con Paulos Chevrolet in Jerome, Idaho; and Cathy Stender of Woody Anderson Ford, Huntsville, Ala.
 
Sponsor Ally Financial will give $10,000 to the charity of Farabaugh's choice and $5,000 to a nonprofit organization selected by each of the finalists, including Haddad. In recognition of their achievements, Ally also will give $1,000 to a charity selected by each of the 49 nominees.
 
Farabaugh was selected for his achievements in the auto industry and his commitment to making a positive impact in his community. He is a strong supporter of the Automobile Dealers Association of Indiana, where he has served as president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and currently on the board of directors. 
 
Additionally, Farabaugh's auto group has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars annually in direct contributions and sponsorships, supporting an array of organizations such as the Ark Crisis Children's Center, Boone County Cancer Society, Boys & Girls Club of Evansville, Tri-State Food Bank, and many more.
 
Time CEO Jessica Sibley and Doug Timmerman, Ally's president of dealer financial services, announced Farabaugh as the winner at a ceremony in New Orleans that honored all 49 nominees. 
 
The Time Dealer of the Year winner and finalists are chosen by a panel from the Tauber Institute for Global Operations at the University of Michigan. The panel selects finalists from each of the four NADA regions, and, ultimately, a national winner from those finalists.
 
Haddad was chosen to represent the Massachusetts State Automobile Dealers Association in the national competition — one of only 49 auto dealers nominated for the 56th annual award from more than 20,000 nationwide.

Tags: recognition event,   

If you would like to contribute information on this article, contact us at info@iberkshires.com.

Suspect Arraigned in 'Horrific' Dragging Case

By Brittany PolitoiBerkshires Staff

Complete write-thru 3 p.m., Feb. 18.


District Attorney TimothyShugrue says the community has been 'really upset' by this case. 
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A Hancock man has been charged in last week's gruesome dragging that killed 69-year-old William Colbert. 
 
William Gross, 65, was arraigned in Central Berkshire District Court on Wednesday for negligent motor vehicle homicide and leaving the scene. He was arrested Monday after police investigators narrowed down the type of car seen on video at the accident scene. 
 
Police say Colbert had fallen in the road at the Francis Avenue and Linden Street intersection on Feb. 10 before he was struck and dragged nearly four miles. His body was found on West Housatonic Street.
 
Gross is being held on $250,000 cash bail in the Berkshire County House of Corrections. District Attorney Timothy Shugrue said the case will go to a grand jury and foresees additional charges being placed. 
 
"I think this community was really upset by this case," Shugrue said while being interviewed by the press after the morning arraignment.  
 
"It's a horrific case, and the fact that someone was fleeing, and there was someone that was stuck there that could have been treated, and potentially in the initial stages, could have been potentially saved." 
 
Colbert was coming from a house on Francis Avenue about 11:30 on Feb. 10 when fell in the road and had trouble getting up, according to Shugrue. 
 
View Full Story

More Pittsfield Stories