Letter: Support for Christine Hoyt

Letter to the EditorPrint Story | Email Story

To the Editor:

April 28, 2026
I am writing to offer my strong support for Christine Hoyt and her re-election to the Adams Board of Selectmen. Over her nine years of service — including stints as chair and vice chair — she has built a deep understanding of the town's needs and developed relationships that directly benefit Adams.

Christine has been a steady leader focused on maintaining essential services, strengthening fiscal stability, supporting local businesses, and advancing important projects like the Adams Theater and Greylock Glen. She understands that there is still more work to be done, particularly in areas like infrastructure, economic development, and housing. However, this is exactly why her continued leadership is so important — we cannot afford to lose the valuable knowledge, experience, and continuity she brings at this critical time.


Beyond her resume, Christine stands out for how she serves. She genuinely cares about the residents and visitors of the town, as well as the town's employees. Collaborative by nature, she consistently steps into leadership roles when needed and is a trusted resource for those seeking guidance on town matters. She is always professional, prepared, and thoughtful in addressing the issues that come before the board. I don't think that those are skill sets we can afford to lose at this time.

Christine Hoyt provides the experience, dedication, and steady leadership that Adams needs to keep moving forward. I strongly encourage voters to support her re-election on Monday, May 4.
 

Dave Bissaillon
Adams, Mass.

 

 

 


Tags: election 2026,   town elections,   


If you would like to contribute information on this article, contact us at info@iberkshires.com.

Rising Cost of Fireworks Cancels Annual Cheshire Cruz Nite

Staff Reports
CHESHIRE, Mass. — The annual Cruz Nite is pausing after 35 years because of rising costs. 
 
In a post on Facebook post on Wednesday, the Cheshire Fire Department said the company, "after much consideration, has made the difficult decision to cancel our annual Cruz Nite and Fireworks event for 2026. This pause will allow us time to regroup and determine the best course of action for future events and fundraisers."
 
The August event has featured activities, food trucks, performers, and fire trucks, with a fireworks finale. 
 
"When Cruz Nite first began, proceeds from the event were enough to cover the cost of the fireworks display. Over the years, however, the rising cost of fireworks has made it increasingly difficult to cover that expense through event proceeds alone," according to the post. 
 
Last year, the 20-minute display cost $8,500 and had to be supplemented from the hose company's reserves, and this year the quoted price was $12,500. Searches for other operators only turned up higher prices reaching as much as $17,500. 
 
More than 90 percent of fireworks are imported from China and prices have risen dramatically largely because of high tariffs. The National Fireworks Association said in February that the "fluctuating tariff layers and duty rate increases" have been exceeding 30 percent.  
 
The decision to cancel this year was made at the Hoosac Hose Company's quarterly business meeting on Monday. The post states the vote was unanimous. 
 
View Full Story

More Adams Stories