GLOUCESTER, Mass. -- Sebastian Herrara went 3-for-3 with a pair of doubles at the plate and contributed to a shutout effort on the mound as the Pittsfield Little League American Division 12-year-old All-Stars started the state tournament with a 4-0 win over Peabody on Thursday night.
Herrara hit a two-out double in the first and scored on Keven Konefal's single to give Pittsfield all the offense it needed.
In the third, Christian Barry reached on an error, and Cam Blake singled ahead of doubles by Herrera and Konefal as Pittsfield extended its lead to 3-0 after a rain delay.
In the fifth, Cam Blake singled and scored to make it 4-0.
Herrera got the start on the mound in a game that was finished by Barry and Blake.
The Pittsfield Americans are back in action Friday evening against Needham as round-robin action in the four-team state tourney continues. The top two teams after Saturday's completion of the round robin will meet on Sunday at noon to decide who goes to the New England Regional in Bristol, Conn.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Pittsfield Panel Approves 10-Year TIE for Tyler Street Firehouse
- Pittsfield Board Grants Special Permit for Carr Hardware Window Art
- Ben Downing Holds Campaign Launch Event at Dalton Farm
- Tails Wag for New Pittsfield Dog Park
- Pittsfield Draws City Council, School Committee Ballots
- Pittsfield Halloween Parade Canceled, Trick or Treat Is On