Adams Firefighters Extinguish a Columbia Street Fire
ADAMS, Mass. — The Adams Fire Department snuffed out a stove fire on Saturday morning that damaged Housing Authority units on 4 Columbia St.
Firefighters responded for a reported fire alarm activation. On arrival, Chief John Pansecchi was advised there was a fire on the stove.
The first arriving assistant chiefs stretched a 1 3/4 line into the apartment and extinguished the blaze.
The fire had extended up the wall into the vent fan over the stove and to the cabinets, where it started to burn. The vent fan and a cabinet were removed and the wall behind the stove was opened up to check for extension.
There were no injuries but there was fire, water, and smoke damage in the apartment. The occupant will be staying with family.
Two other apartments had minor smoke damage. These occupants will be able to stay in their units.
In addition to firefighters, police, Adams Ambulance and the code compliance officer responded to the scene. The building inspector was also notified.
Tags: structure fire,