Body Presumed to Be 19-Year-Old Recovered From Silver Lake
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A body presumed to be 19-year-old Joshua Rodriguez was recovered from Silver Lake on Wednesday morning, a representative from the district attorney's office confirmed on Thursday.
Multiple first-responder units searched the lake on Tuesday after receiving a report that someone had been in the lake around noon. The police did not identify Rodriguez as the person at that time. He had been reported missing on Tuesday.
His body was found around 10 a.m. on Wednesday morning by two people. The body was transported to land from the Fourth Street side of the lake by police and fire personnel.
The Chief Medical Examiner’s Office took custody of the body and will confirm the identity and determine the cause of death but evidence collected so far does not suggest any foul play, according to the district attorney's office.
Police Cpt. Gary Traversa said the police had evidence to support that Silver Lake may have been the Rodriquez's last location.
The Detective Bureau’s investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to call 413-448-9700.
The DA's office also provided helplines for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis and/or contemplating suicide:
- Brien Center: Call 1-800-252-0227 to talk to a trained, local crisis counselor 24/7.
- Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741 to receive support from a trained crisis counselor 24/7.
- Department of Mental Health (DMH): Local crisis line available 24/7. Call (413) 499-0412.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988.
- The Trevor Project: Call 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678678 to speak with a LGBTQ+ Youth specialized crisis counselor 24/7.
- Trans Lifeline: Provides support specifically for transgender and questioning callers. Crisis support & guidance, call 1-877-565-8860 between 10 a.m. -4 p.m.
- Teen Line: Teens helping teens. Text TEEN to 839-863 between 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
Veterans Crisis Line: Available to anyone, even if you are not registered with VA or enrolled in VA health care. Call 1-800- 273-8255 (then press 1), or text 838- 255. For Deaf or Hard of Hearing, call: 1-800-799-4889. Available 24/7.
Tags: missing persons,