FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- A crew of eight Berkshire County high school football officials will take the field on Friday afternoon at Gillette Stadium to officiate the Division 7 State Championship Game.
Referee John Wellspeak will lead a crew that includes umpire Michael Lyon, line judge Marc Field, head linesman Mark Pompi, field judge Matt Conant, side judge John Ciliberti and back judge Gary Pemble. Peter Ochs will serve as the game's clock operator.
The Berkshire County officials will be in charge when West Boylston, which eliminated Wahconah in the state quarter-finals, takes on St. Bernard's for the D7 crown, one of eight state title games to be contested over the next two days.
In the Division 8 final on Saturday morning, KIPP Academy, which upended Lee in the quarter-finals, will face Hull at 10.
The only game involving a Western Massachusetts school comes at 12:30 on Saturday, when Springfield Central goes for a fourth straight state title in the Division 1 final against St. John's Prep.
All eight games will be streamed live at patriots.com and CBSBoston.com.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- New Owner of Abandoned Cats Pleads Guilty to Animal Cruelty
- New Pittsfield's Kalinowsky Seeks Voters' Input on North Street Traffic...
- BCC Holds Pinning Ceremony for the Inaugural January Class
- Berkshire NAACP Freedom Fund Awards Honor Activists
- Ahead of Taconic Vote, Students Talk Vocational Programs
- Pittsfield Plows Spark Residential Frustration