Wheaton College shortstop Cavan Brady this week was selected all-America by the American Baseball Coaches Association and was named as the 2023 New England Intercollegiate Baseball Association Division III Player of the Year.
The senior from Sheffield hit .405 with seven home runs and 77 RBIs in 51 games for the Lyons
In his college career, he batted .375, the sixth-highest batting average in school history.
Brady was a standout at Mount Everett and the Berkshire School during his prep career.
This spring he led Wheaton to the NCAA Division III tournament. The Lyons won their regional in Connectcticut before bowing out in a super regional in Baltimore.
Joining Brady on the NEIBA's all-New England team was MCLA senior and Taconic High graduate Austin Rachiele, who earned second-team honors.
Rachiele was a third-team all-America selection by the ABCA and was the MASCAC Player of the Year after hitting .453 with 14 home runs for the Trailblazers.
- Drury Class of 1973 Gifts Bench and Plaque to Old High School
- North Adams Recognizes Recovery, Child Cancer and Hello Week
- McCann Tech Awards $2.9M HVAC Building Contract
- Weekend Outlook: Lee Founders Day, Live Music & More
- MCLA Professor, Community Leader Steve Green Dies
- North Adams Taxi Company Gets 90-Day Probation