Downtown Pittsfield: A Taste of Downtown

Print Story | Email Story
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — In February 2025, Downtown Pittsfield, Inc. will present "A Taste of Downtown" – a monthlong downtown restaurant celebration. 
 
Nineteen restaurants and bars in downtown Pittsfield will be participating.
 
"A Taste of Downtown" will feature marketing efforts to highlight downtown Pittsfield's local restaurants and restaurant owners and the Taste of Downtown Giveaway which will be an incentive for people to dine in local restaurants over the course of the month.
 
The prize for the Taste of Downtown Giveaway will be 19 gift cards — one from each of the participating restaurants — a $500 value. Every purchase at a participating restaurant will count as one entry to win the prize package. Ask your server for the QR code to enter the contest at the time of purchase. There will be double entries when you dine on Monday through Wednesday, and there is no limit to the number of entries per location. Paper copies of the contest form are available at the Downtown Pittsfield Inc. office for those who cannot access the QR code.
 
A winner of the giveaway will be drawn at random at the beginning of March.
 
Restaurants participating include:
 
101 Restaurant & Bar, 1 West St.
BB's Hot Spot at The Lantern, 455 North St.
Brazzucas Market, 75 North Street
Dottie's Coffee Lounge, 444 North St.
Espetinho Carioca, 48B North St.
Hot Harry's, 37 North St.
Hot Plate Brewing Co., 1 School St.
LuLu's Tiny Grocery, 137 North St.
Marie's North Street Eatery and Gallery, 146 North St.
Marketplace Café, 53 North St.
Methuselah Bar & Lounge, 391 North S.
Otto's Kitchen & Comfort, 95 East St.
Patrick's Pub, 26 Bank Row
RARE 297 Steakhouse, 297 North St.
RJ's Restaurant, 109 First St.
Sibaritas, 27 McKay St.
Thistle & Mirth, 44 West St.
Tito's Mexican Bar & Grill, 34 Depot St.
Wander Berkshires, 34 Depot St., Suite 101
 
"A Taste of Downtown" is sponsored by Downtown Pittsfield Inc.

Tags: Downtown Pittsfield,   

If you would like to contribute information on this article, contact us at info@iberkshires.com.

Suspect Arraigned in 'Horrific' Dragging Case

By Brittany PolitoiBerkshires Staff

Complete write-thru 3 p.m., Feb. 18.


District Attorney TimothyShugrue says the community has been 'really upset' by this case. 
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A Hancock man has been charged in last week's gruesome dragging that killed 69-year-old William Colbert. 
 
William Gross, 65, was arraigned in Central Berkshire District Court on Wednesday for negligent motor vehicle homicide and leaving the scene. He was arrested Monday after police investigators narrowed down the type of car seen on video at the accident scene. 
 
Police say Colbert had fallen in the road at the Francis Avenue and Linden Street intersection on Feb. 10 before he was struck and dragged nearly four miles. His body was found on West Housatonic Street.
 
Gross is being held on $250,000 cash bail in the Berkshire County House of Corrections. District Attorney Timothy Shugrue said the case will go to a grand jury and foresees additional charges being placed. 
 
"I think this community was really upset by this case," Shugrue said while being interviewed by the press after the morning arraignment.  
 
"It's a horrific case, and the fact that someone was fleeing, and there was someone that was stuck there that could have been treated, and potentially in the initial stages, could have been potentially saved." 
 
Colbert was coming from a house on Francis Avenue about 11:30 on Feb. 10 when fell in the road and had trouble getting up, according to Shugrue. 
 
View Full Story

More Pittsfield Stories