Girls Basketball Hall of Fame Inductions Postponed
UPDATES SATURDAY WITH POSTPONEMENT OF GAME.
PTTSFIELD, Mass. — Nine players and one coach will be inducted into the Berkshire County High School Hall of Fame at Taconic High School.
We just don't know when.
The third annual induction ceremony was set to take place prior to Saturday's game between the Taconic and Monument Mountain girls, but that game was postponed on Saturday morning due to weather. No makeup has been announced.
The Hall of Fame was established in 2012 based on the vision of long-time coach Bob O'Neil, who wanted to connect the past, present and future of local girls basketball.
The names of this year's inductees will be added to the 2013 and 2014 inductees, which are on permanent display in the Taconic gymnasium.
This year's class includes:
• Andrea Wasuk, Lenox, 1,147 career points, ESPN Division III all-America selection at Westfield State;
• Sally Gangel, Lee, three-sport MVP in Berkshire County, all-time leading scorer at Hartwick College;
• Alyssa Nejaime, Monument Mountain, league MVP, 2009 Western Mass champion;
• Jamie Murphy, Taconic, 1,272 career points, 1992 Western Mass champion; Brandeis University.
• Bethany Lorge, Drury, Western Mass champion, Williams College;
• Sarah Blaisdell, Lee, 1,200 career points, 1993 state champion, played in NCAA Elite Eight at Bentley;
• Allison Rote, Mount Everett, 1,104 career points, three-time team MVP;
• Judi Jarrett, Taconic/PHS, Berkshire County MVP, scored more than 1,000 points in three varsity seasons;
• Maggie Ward, Pittsfield, 1,000-point scorer, 1987 Western Mass champion, Siena College;
and former Monument Mountain coach Tom Kinne, who led his teams to eight Western Mass titles, including seven straight from 1994-2000, and the 2000 state championship.
The day was to conclude with a Hall of Fame social at the Berkshire Hills Country Club.