CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. -- Lenox's Grace Julieano and Pittsfield's Ahna Balcom won state titles at the Knights of Columbus free throw shooting state championships on Sunday.
Julieano, made 23 of 25 shots to win the 10-year-old girls division. Her 23 makes tied for most out of about 60 competitors at the state competition.
Balcom won the 13-year-old girls divison with 22 made free throws in 25 tries.
David Kirchner and Katie Shove, both of Lenox, won second place, while Patrick McLaughlin of Dalton won third place.
Julieano, Kirchner and Shove are represented by Council 314. Balcom represents Council 103.
All participants had to win their local, county and regional contests in order to advance to the state level.
|iBerkshires.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue; please keep comments focused on the issues and not on personalities. Profanity, obscenity, racist language and harassment are not allowed. iBerkshires reserves the right to ban commenters or remove commenting on any article at any time. Concerns may be sent to email@example.com.|
- That 'Championship' Season: Wahconah Girls Complete Quest for Perfection
- Wahconah's Maria Gamberoni Sets School's All-Time Scoring Mark
- Gateways Inn in Lenox Gets a Design Makeover
- Maria Gamberoni Scores 1,000th Point in Wahconah Girls' Win
- Berkshire County's Tentative Winter Sports Season Takes Shape
- Mount Greylock, Wahconah Skiers Kick Off Season