2019 Fall Foliage Festival Leaf Hunt Clues
Extra hint: two leaves are in Williamstown, one in Adams and three in North Adams
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. -- The annual Fall Foliage Leaf hunt, a traditional popular feature of Fall Foliage Festival Week, including three sets of GPS coordinates for GEOcaching fans, starts Saturday, Sept. 28.
This year, the committee has revealed that there will be 20 colorful leaves hidden in North Adams, Adams, Clarksburg and Williamstown. When a leaf is found, it should be brought to Pedrin's Dairy Bar during normal operating hours to claim a prize. One prize per household please.
Prizes are generously donated by area merchants, including Pedrin's, Boston Sea Foods, Freight Yard Pub, Planet Fitness, Chee's, Big Y, North Adams Museum, North Adams MoviePlex 8, Walmart and Wild Oats.
A second set of clues will be announced in the event of unclaimed leaves. The committee has repeated the last two years' successful procedure of having two leaves at each location: One to take to claim the prize and the other to be left to let leaf hunters know the prize is taken. So, there will be one plastic bag with a yellow or orange leaf that can be removed and brought in and another with a green leaf that should be left.
A complete list of winners, locations and sponsors will be released in October. All leaves should be returned by Oct. 12.
When solving, keep in mind that we all love to look at many colored leaves during Fall Foliage in the Berkshires yet not all varieties of trees produce leaves and/or change color.
As always, the leaf committee has included an invisible leaf hunt for homebound residents. Interested persons are asked to mail a postcard (or card in an envelope) with the number of the clue and the answer/s with their name, address and phone number, to the Office of Tourism, City Hall,10 Main St., North Adams MA 01247. Only mailed entries will be accepted. In the event of a tie the earliest postmark will determine the winner. Please submit answers to be received by Oct. 12.
Good luck and thanks for participating.
The first set of clues are:
1. AU national symbol
2. Evergreen not golden
3. Now favorite fishing hole
4. Colorful former water source
5. Sugary Lane
6. Sugary Forest
7. Multi-colored hut
8. Church and Road of same name
9. Retire in the Berkshires
10. Not poisonous Condos
11. Native American Copse
12. Live on the Edge
13. Buried under the foliage
14. Leaf peepers by air or land
15. 42.6977370, -73.1108483
16. 42.7118266, -73.0960937
17. 42.6072670, -73.1245140
18. I'm called by one but contain many colors
19. Fall up, not down
20. Weeping foliage
Invisible Leaf Hunt Clues – Please Fill in the Blanks
1. Back in the days to see beautiful Fall foliage from an elevated spot you went to _____ ________, on the Clarksburg/North Adams line, also known as _______ _________ on ________________Avenue where many showers and parties were celebrated.
2. Although we look for colorful red, orange and yellow leaves, this favorite wedding reception and party spot in Cheshire carried the name of _________ _____________. In North Adams the ___________ ________________ tourist home offered rooms while in the Drury section of Florida we associate another color with long-time family business ___________________'s Garage.
3. Near the Adams/North Adams line the _______ __________Bottling Company on ________________ Avenue in the ___________ section produced many favorite flavors.
Tags: Fall Foliage,