State Hosts Hearing on Health Care Cost Trends From COVID-19
BOSTON — The Massachusetts Health Policy Commission (HPC) will host the 2020 Annual Health Care Cost Trends Hearing on Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020.
The hearing, a public event at which policymakers and health care stakeholders convene to discuss challenges and opportunities in improving health care in the Commonwealth, will be available live on the HPC’s YouTube channel. The virtual event will focus on examining the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the health care system and residents of the Commonwealth and discussing considerations for the future. More information on the hearing, including a registration link, program booklet, and full agenda, can be found here.
- Dr. Damian Archer, Chief Medical Officer, North Shore Community Health Center
- Dr. Thea James, Vice President of Mission & Associate Chief Medical Officer, Boston Medical Center
- Dr. Steven Strongwater, President and CEO, Atrius Health
- Ms. Deborah Wilson, President & CEO, Lawrence General Hospital
- Dr. Madeline Aviles-Hernandez, Outpatient Services Director, Gándara Center
- Mr. Andrew Dreyfuss, President and CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Dr. Shari Nethersole, Executive Director of Community Health, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Thomas Sequist, Chief Patient Experience and Equity Officer, Mass General Brigham