Casella Transfer Station Accepting Pittsfield Yard Waste

Print Story | Email Story
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — The Casella Transfer Station, located at 500 Hubbard Avenue, will begin accepting residential yard waste starting on Wednesday, April 2.
 
Residential yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, brush, tree branches and limbs (under 4ft in length).
 
If residents have purchased an annual resident pass for the transfer station, there is no additional charge to dispose of yard waste at the facility. Residents without the annual pass can purchase a $20 punch card at Casella's facility which is good for 20 bags of yard waste.
 
Please note, only residential yard waste will be accepted at this location. Casella will not be accepting trailers or commercial vehicles with brush and yard waste material as this service is not available to contractors and other commercial entities.
 
The hours of operation for the Transfer Station in Pittsfield are:
  • Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
  • Thursdays 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
  • Saturdays 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
  • Casella asks residents who are using the transfer station to follow the directions below:
  • The Transfer Station is located at 500 Hubbard Avenue.
  • When you arrive, please enter the first gated entrance closest to Wendy's and follow the path to the drop off zone.
  • Yard waste/brush will need to be emptied out of each bag at the designated location. (Bags are not to be left behind.)
  • When you complete your drop off, please return to your vehicle and exit via the second gate labeled residential drop off.
  • There will be cones blocking off the entrance to the main transfer station as this area is still under construction.
  • Please do not use the last main gate to enter as this is for commercial trucks.
 
Residents looking to purchase a transfer station residential sticker or yard waste punch card can do so by purchasing them directly at the Transfer Station. Credit, debit and cash will be accepted.
 
 
For more information, contact Casella at (413) 749-6500.
If you would like to contribute information on this article, contact us at info@iberkshires.com.

Suspect Arraigned in 'Horrific' Dragging Case

By Brittany PolitoiBerkshires Staff

Complete write-thru 3 p.m., Feb. 18.


District Attorney TimothyShugrue says the community has been 'really upset' by this case. 
PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A Hancock man has been charged in last week's gruesome dragging that killed 69-year-old William Colbert. 
 
William Gross, 65, was arraigned in Central Berkshire District Court on Wednesday for negligent motor vehicle homicide and leaving the scene. He was arrested Monday after police investigators narrowed down the type of car seen on video at the accident scene. 
 
Police say Colbert had fallen in the road at the Francis Avenue and Linden Street intersection on Feb. 10 before he was struck and dragged nearly four miles. His body was found on West Housatonic Street.
 
Gross is being held on $250,000 cash bail in the Berkshire County House of Corrections. District Attorney Timothy Shugrue said the case will go to a grand jury and foresees additional charges being placed. 
 
"I think this community was really upset by this case," Shugrue said while being interviewed by the press after the morning arraignment.  
 
"It's a horrific case, and the fact that someone was fleeing, and there was someone that was stuck there that could have been treated, and potentially in the initial stages, could have been potentially saved." 
 
Colbert was coming from a house on Francis Avenue about 11:30 on Feb. 10 when fell in the road and had trouble getting up, according to Shugrue. 
 
View Full Story

More Pittsfield Stories