Pittsfield Selecting Mayoral, Ward 4 CandidatesPITTSFIELD, Mass. — Pittsfield goes to the polls Tuesday to determine the two mayoral candidates who will face off in the November general election.
There are five candidates, including two former mayoral hopefuls, vying to fill the office being left vacant by three-term Mayor James M. Ruberto.
On the ballot are Stephen Fillio, who said he is representing the blue-collar vote; Donna Walto, an entrepreneur who made an unsuccessful bid for the office in 2007; Joseph Nichol, a businessman elected to represent Ward 7 two years; Daniel Bianchi, a five-term city councilor and former administrator for the city who narrowly lost his bid for the office in 2009; and Peter Marchetti, a banker and four-term at-large councilor who is currently vice president.
Voters in Ward 4 will cast ballots in two preliminaries. In addition to mayor, they will determine which of three candidates to represent their ward will vie in November. The seat is being left vacant by popular Ward 4 Councilor Michael Ward who has declined to run for a fourth term.
Candidates are Ozias "Chuck" Vincelette, who served as Ward 4 councilor until being ousted by Ward in 2005, Christopher J. Connell, who lost a bid for the seat against Ward in 2009, and newcomer James Bronson. Voters will select two of these candidates.
Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ward 1, Precinct A: Reid Middle School, 950 North St.
- Ward 1, Precinct B: Reid Middle School, 950 North St.
- Ward 2, Precinct A: Morningside Community School, 100 Burbank St.
- Ward 2, Precinct B: Somerset Fire Station, Somerset Ave.
- Ward 3, Precinct A: Providence Court, 379 East St.
- Ward 3, Precinct B: Egremont Elementary School, 84 Egremont Ave.
- Ward 4, Precinct A: Herberg Middle School, 501 Pomeroy Ave.
- Ward 4, Precinct B: Williams School, 50 Bushey Road
- Ward 5, Precinct A: Masonic Temple, 116 South St.
- Ward 5, Precinct B: Fire Station, 331 West Housatonic St.
- Ward 6, Precinct A: Columbus Arms Housing, 65 Columbus Ave.
- Ward 6, Precinct B: Conte Community School, 200 W. Union St.
- Ward 7, Precinct A: Fire Station, 54 Peck's Road
- Ward 7, Precinct B: Capeless Elementary School, 86 Brooks Ave.