BArT Enrollment Information Session

Print Story | Email Story

ADAMS, Mass. —The Berkshire Arts and Technology (BArT) Charter Public School will host an enrollment information session on Wednesday, Jan. 15, from 2:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. at BArT (1 Commercial Street, Adams, MA) for current-year transfers and new students starting in the fall.

Families interested in enrolling at BArT are invited to attend. A Spanish translator will be in attendance.

Pre-registration is welcome but not required. RSVP here (https://forms.gle/YNRr3KYq4RATVSaC7) or contact BART's Enrollment Team (enrollment@bartcharter.org, 413.743.7411 x732).

Apply by Jan. 7 at noon for an immediate seat in grades 6, 9, or 10.
Apply by Feb. 25 to be included in the primary lottery for new students in grades 6 through 10 for the 2025-26 school year.

The enrollment information session will provide an overview of BArT's college preparatory arts and technology curriculum, enrollment process, special education services, and BArT's unique role in Berkshire County.
  • BArT is a free public charter school educating middle and high school students in grades 6-12.
  • BArT offers Advanced Placement (AP) classes and dual enrollment with local colleges.
  • BArT provides free breakfast, lunch, and transportation.
  • BArT has competitive cross country, soccer, basketball, ultimate frisbee, and volleyball teams.
  • BArT seniors complete a college course and do a work-based learning experience.
Visit  BArT's website for more information.

 


Tags: BArT,   

If you would like to contribute information on this article, contact us at info@iberkshires.com.

Rising Cost of Fireworks Cancels Annual Cheshire Cruz Nite

Staff Reports
CHESHIRE, Mass. — The annual Cruz Nite is pausing after 35 years because of rising costs. 
 
In a post on Facebook post on Wednesday, the Cheshire Fire Department said the company, "after much consideration, has made the difficult decision to cancel our annual Cruz Nite and Fireworks event for 2026. This pause will allow us time to regroup and determine the best course of action for future events and fundraisers."
 
The August event has featured activities, food trucks, performers, and fire trucks, with a fireworks finale. 
 
"When Cruz Nite first began, proceeds from the event were enough to cover the cost of the fireworks display. Over the years, however, the rising cost of fireworks has made it increasingly difficult to cover that expense through event proceeds alone," according to the post. 
 
Last year, the 20-minute display cost $8,500 and had to be supplemented from the hose company's reserves, and this year the quoted price was $12,500. Searches for other operators only turned up higher prices reaching as much as $17,500. 
 
More than 90 percent of fireworks are imported from China and prices have risen dramatically largely because of high tariffs. The National Fireworks Association said in February that the "fluctuating tariff layers and duty rate increases" have been exceeding 30 percent.  
 
The decision to cancel this year was made at the Hoosac Hose Company's quarterly business meeting on Monday. The post states the vote was unanimous. 
 
View Full Story

More Adams Stories